The International Workshop on Financial System Architecture and Stability – (IWFSAS) aims at providing a forum for academic researchers and policy makers to discuss issues related to the structure and design of financial systems and their impact on growth and financial stability. The fourth annual meeting of IWFSAS offers leading academics, practitioners and policymakers the opportunity to discuss cutting edge research on a range of topics related to sustainable finance, the featured theme of IWFSAS 2019 conference.
This year’s IWFSAS meeting is hosted by the Gustavson School of Business, in collaboration with Cass Business School, and the Centre for Banking Research (CBR) at the City University of London, the Alberta School of Business at the University of Alberta, and the Department of Economics at the University of Victoria.
Keynote speaker of the event is Prof. Luigi G. Zingales, Robert C. McCormack Distinguished Service Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance, The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business.
The Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association – EMEA is the main sponsor of the event.
This call for papers asks for reflections on what is sustainable finance, how it is viewed by various stakeholders, its potential impact on the structure and stability of financial systems, and its role in promoting sustainable development and inclusive economic growth:
The Co-chairs of IWFSAS 2019 invite authors to submit high quality papers on topics related to sustainable finance including, but not limited to, such topics as:
- Asset pricing and climate risk
- Sustainable asset management and ESG integration
- Green bonds, loans and transition-linked financial products and instruments
- Impact investing, socially responsible investing and ethical investing
- Climate change and fiduciary and legal duties of institutional investors
- Ethics and trust in finance and banking
- Sustainable finance and pension fund management
- Shareholders vs stakeholders wealth maximization
- Climate-related financial disclosure and impact on firms earnings and valuation
- Sustainable finance and long-term Investments
- Climate and environmental risk management
- Fintech and sustainable finance
- Gender differences, culture and financial risk taking
- Sustainable finance in emerging markets
- Microfinance, financial inclusion and social entrepreneurship
- Sustainable finance and inequality
- Financial innovation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainability in financial systems: stability and crises
IWFSAS 2019 welcomes both theoretical and empirical contributions on the above topics, in addition to other more general topics that relate to structure and stability of the financial system.
- Deadline for Submission: May 31, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: June 30, 2019
- Early Registration Deadline: July 15, 2019
- Conference dates: August 29-30, 2019
For more information please visit https://iwfsas.org/iwfsas2019/