The fifth seminar in the 12-month INVESTMED training programme will take place on Tuesday 15th February, at 10:00 CET. The seminar is co-organised by the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and LUMSA University, project partners of the EU-funded INVESTMED project.
The previous seminar focused on circular economy principles and how to integrate them into business; a key aspect of this is the circularity of materials, or “industrial symbiosis”. Industrial symbiosis requires precise collaboration between companies, which in turn means innovating industrial processes in the manufacture of products. In this seminar, a panel of experts will discuss the concept of industrial symbiosis, how to use and benefit from life cycle analysis in business models, and how these concepts can offer new opportunities in the development of new business ideas and entrepreneurship. Panelists will cover both research advances and methodological approaches, and the challenges faced in the application to real cases.
Speakers include Verónica Kuchinow from Simbiosy, Nelson Manjong from the University of Norway, and Amus Ncube from the Università degli Studi di Napoli Pathenope.
The INVESTMED webinars form part of the project’s Sustainable Business Management Programme, which is open to current and prospective entrepreneurs from Egypt, Tunisia and Lebanon working in the green economy, blue economy, and cultural and creative sectors. The seminars aim to complement the training content by bringing together experts in these fields from around the Euro-Mediterranean region.
The INVESTMED project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020. INVESTMED has a duration of 30 months, with a total budget of 3.8 million euros, of which 3.4 million euros are funded by the European Union (90%). It involves 9 partners from Tunisia, Spain, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, and Italy:
· Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, BUSINESSMED (TU)
· Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association, EMEA (ES)
· European Institute of the Mediterranean, IEMed (ES)
· Beyond Group / Irada Group S.A.L, BRD (LE)
· Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, IED (GR)
· Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta, LUMSA (IT)
· Rumundu Social Promotion Association, RUMUNDU (IT)
· Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations, CEEBA (EG)
· Spanish Chamber of Commerce, CCE (ES)