The key theme of this webinar is how do we move forward and capture the benefits of globalization without its negative corollaries, while considering the uncertain consequences of COVID-19 on trade and the movement of people and capital. How can globalization be reformed to be more equitable across regions and countries, and among groups of citizens within a country, as well as be more sustainable for the planet?
Special attention will be given to :
- People movements, especially migration, but also business/student/leisure travel.
- Trade in goods and services – questions of second sourcing, self-sufficiency, strategic industries, regionalization, etc.
- Capital flows – Touching on financial markets, remittances, contagion effects, etc.
Webinar moderator: The Rt Hon Lord Jack McConnell
- Professor Rym Ayadi, President and Founder, Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association
- Dr. Yasuyuki Sawada, Chief Economist, Asian Development Bank
- Mr. Erol Yayboke, Deputy Director, Project on Prosperity and Development, Center for Strategic and International Studies
The webinar is co-organised by the Victoria Forum, the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada, and will take place on Thursday 03 September at 1600 GMT on Zoom.
Webinar Report and Video