CREACT4MED offers direct financial support to BSOs/incubators/accelerators based in Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia to implement new quality services to help Cultural and Creative entrepreneurs, led by women and youth, build competitive businesses and relevant connections through the early, high-risk stages of development and to create jobs.
The specific objectives of this call are:
- Developing an incubation program (minimum 6 months) for local CCI projects, led by women and youth, encompassing a variety of mentoring, matchmaking, access to finance and IPR management services
- Promoting and enhancing the outreach of the CREACT4MED calls for trainees and subgrantees (minimum 120 trainee applications)
- Ensuring the maximum outreach of CREACT4MED to CCI local actors and contributing to the creation of the local CCI Hub
The overall indicative budget for the project implemented under this call for sub-grants is 17.500 EUR per country.
One (1) selected incubator per country will receive up to 15.750 EUR (90% of the overall budget) to implement initiatives targeting the above mentioned objectives. The sub-grant shall take the form of reimbursement of costs. The expected overall duration of the project is 12 months.
Call for proposals from Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia is open from September 1st to October 13th, 2021. Notification of the call results will be sent before November 8th, 2021.
Call for proposals from Jordan will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
Who can apply?
This call is currently open to BSOs/incubators/accelerators based in Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia with experience in entrepreneurship and the Cultural and Creative Industries. The following conditions must be met in order to be eligible for funding:
- Be registered in the CREACT4MED Community Platform
- Be located and officially registered in Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco or Tunisia and legally established at least 2 years before the application
- Be a non-profit making organization or a business support organization (e.g. incubators, accelerators, service providers)
- Have experience in supporting entrepreneurs, women and youth, particularly in the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Have sufficient technical, financial and managerial capacity to absorb and manage an EU grant
Please read the Guidelines for Applicants carefully before applying to this call.
For the more information on the Call and how to apply please visit https://creativemediterranean.org/call-for-proposals-to-develop-incubation-services/
The CREACT4MED project is co-funded by the European Union under the EuropeAid Programme and by the Project Partners. It is led by the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association – EMEA with 4 partners: the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMED), the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED), the Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (IED) and the Faculty of Economics and Political Science Business Incubator (FEPS BI).